Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Rosetta Stoning "Tagalog": Lesson 1 and Core of Lesson 2

Augh, my lips hurt... and my tongue is twisted.  First off, yes I'm Filipino, but my parents come from the southern part of the Philippines where they speak Visaya, not Tagalog.  I mean they know Tagalog, but in our house they were speaking Visaya most of my life.

So I'm on this fun adventure... Now that I've been to the Philippines twice over the past two years, I figure I should learn the language.  Who knows when I'll be going back, but I really should learn this. I have to say, the language has a high usage of vowels... I think you would go bankrupt on Wheel of Fortune "buying vowels".  And they like to use the vowels on every other letter... Sometimes I feel like a beat boxer stuck on repeat!

Oh well, it is an adventure... 

No comments:

Post a Comment