Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Daily Daze - May 27, 2015

Thought of the Day
This quote inspired me.  Strong women make all women stronger.  I think women because of their complexities and natural wanting to protect and nurture are the most fierce in our societies.  That can work for and against women.  Our fierceness can keep us from growing, overly protective of what we have or know.  When we finally allow for that raw innate ability to multitask and apply it to nurturing and protecting the greater good, only then can we all prevail.  Unfortunately, that ferocity of being tends to mark a specific and enclosed territory.  We look at other women as threats, rather than as our teammates.  There is a huge difference in the emotional quotient of a woman from a man. The EQ is what throws a logical camaraderie into a hell bent vengeful catfight.  There are multitudes of books that speak to this.  The quote sums it up best.  To be strong is to avoid the pitfalls of "marking our territory" and seeking to build ourselves up through other's failures and shortcomings.   Standing on the mound of lose lose is far shorter than standing on the Mt Everest of the win-win.  I don't only believe in building up women alone.  I think we should always seek to build each other up.  With women, however, it is ever more important to show a tangible care and lift up.  There are too many societal norms that tear women down.  Avoid the cattiness, avoid the backstabbing jealousy... Avoid being territorial.  It's amazing how much care it takes to move mountains.

On the Day
Skipped all of yesterday because I was sick... I was feeling dead to the world... Slept in with Nyquil.  Lead into Wednesday was more of the cough and eck.  NyQuil just forces me to sleep and rest, I feel way better after since I'm not tossing and turning.  It's hump day... Wednesday.  Since I was sick, I was perusing Instagram and came across a few different things. 

Happy Birthday to Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes of TLC.  TLC has been in my ear for the past month since attending their concert, so she was on everyone's minds and Instagrams.  My favorite TLC dancer, Maasa, posted a cool pic with her wide receiver left eye mark and @Duchess365 draws up a beautiful depiction of Left Eye.





No comments:

Post a Comment