Saturday, October 17, 2015

Kickin' the Dust Up with Luke Bryan

Thanks for an awesomely fun concert!
Another great evening with very cool people and very cool country music!  Thanks to Courtney for the invite and the ride, thanks to Amanda for hooking up the parking and the lawn entertainment (see below), thanks to Kayla for buying and holding the tickets and for luring the one dude over who was trying to hook up with you... that was hilarious... thanks to Lindsey for insisting on bringing the blanket.






Play It Again!
Yes, I like country on occasion.  I have to say I didn't really know Luke Bryan's songs about a month ago.  So one Courtney invite later, Luke has a new fan.  I picked up what his concert playlist and "Play(ed) it again" and again and again.  I have to say the music is fun and I love the words of all the songs.  There's definitely a lot of drinking involved, in the songs that is.  So who would've thought I was going country for a night... Not me... I'm hip hop, R&B.  However, I have to say when I saw Luke do the Smule duet with Jason Derulo, I figured he would be cool...

Head's up! game in the parking lot.  To pass the time and in between people watching, mostly watching to pee up the hill... We played "head's up"... Apparently we're only good at "Acting Out"...


Culture Shock
I think the most hilarious part of the night for me... CULTURE SHOCK!  So my friends were talking about what they would be wearing for the concert earlier that week... And I kept hearing BOOTS and FLANNELS.  I understood the boots completely... but the flannel thing...  From where I grew up, people who wore flannel were in gangs hahahah.  Seriously... and they would button only the 1st button with a wife beater underneath.  So the flannel thing was a bit perplexing... Boots, cut-off jeans, and sleeveless flannels heck any flannels... Yeah... so when we were driving into the parking lot... My head did a bit of a tilt... and I realized what country is... I mean I've gone line dancing before and I've seen cowboy hats... and I've seen people on occasion dress country... but... I was a bit wow'ed by it all... I think the only thing that I was trippin' out on were the cut-off jeans and boots on this one dude...  I mean he can wear whatever he wants... but I think that look looks way cuter on girls... hahaha

The Lawn and GUARDIN' show
So the "not sure what the name of it is anymore" Amphitheater is a cool little venue and Amanda hooked up the right parking lot for quick in-n-out privileges.  However, this lawn concept is pretty entertaining.  I've been to many a show, but I've always had a seat.  So this whole lawn thing was interesting.  Good thing Lindsey brought the blanket and good thing the blanket was a light color.  We used it to stake out space... For the opening acts (Dustin and Randy, they were great by the way), it was manageable.. We would stand, the blanket would be there behind us... The closer and closer to Luke time... all of a sudden the blanket was curling and people were nudging us away from it.  By the time Randy Hauser was finished, it was pretty much rolled up but we managed to get some sitting time before Luke.  The most entertaining part was watching Amanda protect her space with her legs outstretched... And the under-the-breath, Yoda like subliminal conversations she was having with people encroaching on our space.  She became a compass for all the people looking for their friends.  They would all stop at her boots and use their phone.  She would proceed to use her barely audible (in a concert setting) voice to shoo them away... And it worked.  However, a group of girls streamed into space, hurdling Amanda's legs while Court took a picture.  And all I could think... they're gonna trip on Amanda... So for a good 15 minutes laying on the lawn, Amanda was guardin'.

The COUNTRY
Awesome awesome entertainer... 1st off Luke was battling a cold and he was strugglin' at times, but still pulled off a great show.  You gotta give him props because in the state he was in.. he still sounded excellent.  And that white boy can move... His music makes you wanna move... and he does move well.. Mad props!  His setlist was fun.. and I totally appreciated his hip hop/r&b references... Gotta love how music connects people.  I loved all the songs, because I studied his set list.  At least I could sing along... Dustin and Randy came out and sang Sugar with Luke.  That was fun!


In-N-Out
Post concert, we bolted out of the venue and the parking lot.  Headed out to in-n-out and was a bit tripped up that I just had in-n-out just the day before.  The time warp of anticipation and a concert definitely throws off all semblance of what a day is... Seriously it felt like a Saturday concert...

Drunk on You!
So yes... I'm a new fan.. So I had to learn at least one of his songs on the guitar..










No comments:

Post a Comment