Saturday, October 10, 2015

Daily Daze - October 10, 2015

Thought of the Day
Sometimes you just need to change one thing... Your attitude.  You don't have control over much of anything else.  Attitude comes from your soul aching to be set free.  Your soul knows you better than what your head sometimes tells you.  Your soul doesn't hear the whispers, doesn't see the actions, doesn't taste the bitterness of life.  Your soul feels... Your soul and your spirit gives you the energy.  That head though plays games... Your head likes to play with your heart.  Your head likes to feed your soul feelings manifested from allusions to what is real and illusions to what you seek.  My head spins out of control.  My head manages to trick my soul and my heart.  So to get out of my own head, I fight through workouts and I fight with gloves on.  To get out of my own head... I have to physically escape.  I have to blast that music to drown out the scenarios and the things that aren't necessarily real.  I have to feel physical pain because at that point your head needs to heal the body and focuses solely on that task.  That physical pain brings about relief from a head spinning out of control.

Don't get me wrong, I have an awesomely wonderful brain in that head.  I love that I can see and analyze what others take for granted.  I love that I can see a solution in a problem.  I love that I can make simple something that others see as complex.  I love that my head can do so many things.  I have above average talent in most anything I put that head to... My mind is super intriguing to me... My mind is what challenges me... but sometimes you just want to stop thinking and stop playing the scenarios out endlessly.

With all that body, mind and heart playing tricks on you, the soul has little room to be set free.  The soul has so much to fight through to be who that spirit holds.  I know that I have to get these things to coordinate just so I can let that soul be set to the sky.  The soul wants to thrive not just survive.  We just seem to get in the way of that relief.

So I let go of people, I let go of things and I let go of expectations the other day and my soul remembered how to fly.  I had to appreciate that small dose of energy.  That shift in attitude may only last for a small time, but I can only hope I keep remembering how I let my spirit free.  I think this helps... writing.  I think letting go every day of some thoughts may relieve my mind.  I think if I remember what my heart really longs for and my body gets a good dose of fight, I can see that spirit in my attitude.

The one thing I love most about my little brain... It's when I'm sitting by myself, I smirk and think it just might be ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment